Thursday, November 8, 2007

Cultures

I've been learning a lot about different cultures here in Calgary, and specially here at University. Calgary bears people from all around the world. You can talk to traditional Canadians, with their "hey", in the end of every sentence. You can meet Chinese (many Chinese...). They are very friendly and make us wonder what they're speaking with so much enthusiasm. We can see many people from Muslim countries. They seem misteriouly charming. Latin Americans, I love them, make me feel home, I've never liked so much hearing spanish, even though I speak a lot spanish with my dad's family, from Venezuela. Didn't meet many Brazilians here at University, but I know they're out there...For all that diversity to work it takes a lot of respect, and that I've seen plenty! It makes me feel glad about the city I've chosen to live for now!

4 comments:

Amin said...

like to be mysteriously charming!!! :D

Amin said...

*I like to be mysteriously charming!!! :D

hjm.huang said...

Rebeca,

do you know that our blogs for homework have a limit of a minimum of 200 words for each entry.

Be careful!

Regina said...

I agree. Calgary is a very fun and diverse city. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Family

Family